Winning in Recovery
What does Serena Williams winning the calendar Grand Slam and you remaining in recovery have in common? Nerves.
- When you become nervous, you physically lose flexibility.
- You make quick decisions and take low percentage shots.
Tennis Coach Bollettieri’s Tips for tennis:
Change the pace a little bit; relax.
Let your anger be released, and be ready to play the next point.
Mirroring Coach Bollettieri’s tennis performance to control your nerves in recovery!
- When you become nervous, your mind loses flexibility
- feeling the compulsion to take a drink – spew some rage out of your mouth, piss off your family and friends.
- You make quick decisions and take low percentage shots,
- creating drama wherever you go
Recovery Coach Penny’s Tips for recovery:
Take a step back, take a deep breath, feel some space between you and your raw nerves.